This website is operated by Ivy Law Group Law Group Pty Ltd ABN 51 610 929 103 (“Ivy Law Group“).
Throughout the site, the terms “Ivy Law Group”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Ivy Law Group Pty Ltd ABN 51 610 929 103. Ivy Law Group is a law firm principally based in Sydney, New South Wales. Ivy Law Group, including through its website: www.ivylawgroup.com.au (“site”), offers legal services including online legal services, information, and tools to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated herein.
By visiting our site, completing any forms and entering your details, or downloading any of our guides, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions, including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink (collectively, “Terms”). These Terms apply to all users of the site, including, without limitation, users who are consumers within the meaning of the Australian Consumer Law (ACL), browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, then you must cease using our site immediately.
You agree and acknowledge that:
- we do not warrant the accuracy or appropriateness of the contents of our site;
- the information and commentary on our site are general only and does not constitute legal or professional advice and Ivy Law Group does not endorse it and disclaims responsibility for it;
- our site may contain hyperlinks and pointers to other (third party) website, and that we are not responsible for any information or other hyperlinks contained in these third party websites, where you access such third party websites at your own risk and decide whether or not to rely on such websites.
These Terms do not, nor purport to, restrict, modify or have the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying any applicable rules, laws, rights or remedies imposed and required to be binding by statute or law, including under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and the ACL.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any content on the website, without express written permission by us.
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
By using, browsing or accessing our legal services facilitated by us through our site (“Online Services”), you acknowledge you have read, understood and accepted the Terms. For the avoidance of any doubt, “Services” includes Online Services.
Ivy Law Group does not endorse or disclaim responsibility for the Online Services except to the extent that legal advice is provided based on the information that is provided to us. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that documents prepared are accurate and appropriate to the extent and based on the information provided by you using our Online Services on our site.
You agree and acknowledge that:
- the documents are prepared in accordance with the information and answers completed by you on our site;
- you are fully and solely responsible for the information provided by you on our site and we are not responsible for any mistakes or errors that you make in understanding the questions or answering them;
- we are not responsible for your mistakes and errors and to the end you indemnify us.
We reserve the right to cancel your request through our Online Services, at any time, at our reasonable discretion, including (without limitation) if we find that you lack testamentary capacity to provide instructions or where the services sought by you are beyond the scope of our Online Services. We are entitled to charge our reasonable costs and disbursements incurred till the time of cancellation. We may at our reasonable discretion provide you a refund for any such cancellation.
Our Online Services, such as our online wills services, are only intended for simple and uncomplication estate planning documents. If we, at any given time, in our reasonable discretion, determine that the documents sought by you are complex, you will need to contact us directly to arrange your documents as they will be beyond the scope of our Online Services.
Online payment and trust account funds
When you submit payment using our site for our services, including Online Services, a proportion for processing fees, credit card surcharge and other reasonable disbursements may be applicable and payable.
We use Stripe as our online payment platform to process payments made online via our site. By proceeding and making the payment, you acknowledge that confidential and personal information may be transmitted to Stripe and you authorise the payment of the processing fees and other relevant charges from the funds paid at the electronic point of sale. You authorise the funds paid by you at the electronic point of sale to be paid into our Ivy Law Group Trust Account (if necessary). Once the Online Services have been provided to you, an invoice will be issued to you via email for the services, including any balances outstanding.
In the event that we hold funds in our trust account for you, we may withdraw the funds held in our trust account at the expiration of seven (7) business days from the date of an invoice being issued to you, unless an obligation is made.
For Online Services, if the payment is not made at the time of you placing your order for our Online Services, we may, at our absolute discretion, and without giving you notice:
- end our arrangement or agreement with you (if any);
- use any amounts paid by you to settle any outstanding amounts to us, in any manner we deem appropriate;
- set out systems whereby you no longer have access to the documents (draft or final) you may have ordered previously (irrespective of whether you have paid for it or not);
- charge default interest on any outstanding amounts in accordance with the Legal Profession Uniform Law (NSW), which interest is the Cash Rate Target stipulated by the Reserve Bank of Australia as at the date of outstanding amount plus 2.00%.
You must provide us with full and frank information in relation to the information requested from you. Any incorrect or untrue information may result in the cancellation of our Services. We are not responsible for you providing incomplete, inaccurate and untrue information and our liability is limited to the maximum extent in that regard and as result of such incomplete, inaccurate and untrue information.
All content and material on our site, including but not limited to our downloaded articles and guides found on this site, holds general information only and not legal advice. Before you act, or rely on any of our Content, you need to seek your own legal or other advice.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
While we try to keep our content updated and accurate, we are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk. We don’t represent, warrant or guarantee its accuracy, currency or completeness (to the maximum extent permitted by law).
Errors and Inaccuracies
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, or inaccuracies. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information found on our site.
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, except as required by law
We appreciate any feedback you provide on Ivy Law Group services. If you provide us with a testimonial, you permit us to post or otherwise transmit the review or testimonial on any of Ivy Law social media or other channels. You can email us at any time to get this testimonial removed from all our channels including the Ivy Law website.
We may provide you with access to third-party links over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
Ivy Law Group agrees that all your personal information, including billing information, that is identifiable to you will be kept confidential except where disclosure of such information is:
- to our related entities and personnel;
- to any third party with your prior written consent;
- required by the law, by an order of a court, tribunal or authority, by a regulatory body or by the rules of a stock exchange; or
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content:
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts;
- to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, or laws;
- to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability;
- to submit false or misleading information;
- to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet;
- to collect or track the personal information of others;
- to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape;
- for any obscene or immoral purpose; or
- to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
You agree that:
- we, and/or our related entities and/or vendors, remain the owner of all the intellectual property and know-how that resides in the documents and our service, including Online Services;
- you are licensed to use our Online Services for the sole purpose of ordering online our legal Services; and
- you are not entitled to any proprietary rights whatsoever in relation to our Services, or any ownership in the copyright of the contents of this site or the documents prepared by us.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use the website and service is at your sole risk. The service and all information on our website (except as expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we make no representations or warranties about our website or the Content.
In no case shall Ivy Law Group, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of our website, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the website, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify, and hold harmless Ivy Law Group and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand:
- due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party; and
- in relation to any costs, losses, liabilities or damage that any of you, your client or third party suffers for whatsoever reason, except for any costs, losses, liabilities or damage directly caused or contributed to by Ivy Law Group.
You agree to continually indemnify us against any cost, loss, liability, or damage that we incur as a result of your use of our service, including Online Services, except for any cost, loss, liability or damage directly caused or contributed to by Ivy Law Group.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales, and any courts entitled to hear appeals from those courts.
Questions about the Terms should be sent to us here:
PO Box Q376 Queen Victoria Building, NSW 1230